- Download the update file, Odin and Samsung KIES on your computer.
- The download link for the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update is here.
- You can get Odin from here and Samsung KIES from here.
- Now, on the computer extract the update file and install Odin.
- Also, install the proper drivers for your phablet by using Samsung KIES.
- On the computer open Odin and turn off your phone.
- Reboot the same into download mode by pressing the Volume Down, OK and Power buttons at the same time.
- With the phablet booted in download mode, take the USB cable and use it for connecting the device with the computer.
- Once you connect the devices, on Odin the ID:COM section should be yellow or blue and the “added” message should be displayed.
- If not, you will have to re-install the drivers on the computer (first turn off Odin and unplug the USB cable) and repeat the procedure from the beginning.
- From Odin now select “PDA” and pick the update file from the PC.
- Up next, click on “Start” for beginning the update operation.
- In the end, on Odin the “pass” message should be displayed.
- You can then unplug the USB cable and reboot your Galaxy Note 2.
Now, here are the most common issues that might appear while using Odin and trying to flash an official update: first, if Odin gets stuck in the middle of the installation procedure here is what you need to do: close Odin, disconnect the phablet from the computer, force restart the handset, re-install the drivers on the PC and then repeat all the steps from the beginning.
Then, also, in the end you might get a loop boot instead of a normal one; if that happens here is what you need to do: reboot your Note 2 into recovery mode. Then, by using the recovery mode menu wipe the system by selecting “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition; next, end the process by choosing “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
So, that was all for today; now you know how to easily and manually update your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDMB5 OS. Test the new software and do tell us how the same runs on your phablet. Use the comments area from below for sharing your impressions and thoughts with us and with other users as well. Also, stay close for further tutorials and Android related tips and tricks.
Source : Androidgeeks